2/10/16

2 Months


Mae-Mae, you are 2 months old! And yes, I have taken to what your sweet Grandmother claimed she would call you even though I said I wouldn't! It's too cute though. As are YOU.

Your second month has flown by. And instead of posting pictures of all the fun shenanigans you've been up to, I'm going to keep this one a little neater and dump those into another post. I am loving these month stickers!

Stats~

Height: 23.5 & 90th percentile
Weight: 12.9 & 75th percentile
Head: 15.2 & 60th percentile

You're a growing girl! You've gained four pounds since you blessed us with your presence and have grown over three inches too.

Size~

You're still in size 1 diapers but we're almost out and then we'll try 2's! You're wearing 0-3 or 3 month size clothes and I guess are in a size 1 shoe. Although those are big. We don't really do shoes much. You're cool with it.

Sleeping~

You started sleeping through the night about a week ago! I feel like it's cheating to say that though because...you sleep in your swing. Gasp. Yes, I know it's probably not best, but you do and at your appointment the doctor said we could start working on having you sleep other places but that she also (being a mom) understood! Because, #sleep. So, yeah. Once you are swaddled in that swing with the white noise blaring, you're usually out in minutes. It's been nice <and weird> not waking up mid-pitch blackness to feed you but I'm getting used to it. I think you may be starting some kind of growth spurt though (or other randomness) because I did feed you last night at 3:00 and you've been extra fussy the past two afternoons.

Eating~

You eat about six times a day now and breastfeeding is going wonderfully! I'm so glad I stuck it out through the rough patches because it's seriously a breeze now. #knocksonwood You love to eat AND you're not spitting up/vomiting anymore which is WONderful. Thank you baby girl. I mean it.

Playing~

After you eat, we have what Karlyn and I have affectionately termed "Happy, Happy Talk Time" where you coo and ahh and smile the biggest, most ridiculous grins. What can I say? You're most happy after eating. What woman isn't? You're beginning to look up at the toys hanging from your activity mat and you grin at daddy too when he comes home!

Other Things~

You're not a fan of the pacifier. Which is sooo new to us. But it's cool. You really don't know what exactly to do with it. You still like taking baths. The doctor said you would start to differentiate your cries soon and I was pretty sure today yours said, "Take me to Target." But I was wrong.

You fussed getting out of the car and I contemplated feeding you first but decided against it. So in we went. You cried off and on so I tried to keep the cart moving. Grabbed some things to try on and you weren't going to have it so I fed you in the dressing room. Still didn't want me to try on things so I did what I never do and just bought them all to try on at home. You continued to cry which progressed into loudness so I picked you up and carried you and we left early.

Girlfriend. You're gonna have to work on that 'tude. This was Target after all.

So that's what you're up to miss Krosby. We love you so much! I really have liked this 8 weeks / 2 months age so let's keep it up!



No comments: